Discover our sales, installation, maintenance, and repair service for your light commercial air exchanger. Call us for a free quote!
How does a light commercial air exchanger work?
Whether it is for a business, commercial building, or industry, the ambient air is charged with humidity and pollutants, created by numerous human activities. Installing an air exchanger in your business or institution will help remove stale and polluted air from the inside to the outside, replacing it with fresh air, free of humidity and pollutants. The majority of lightweight air exchanger models available on the market are now equipped with a heat recovery ventilator.
The installation of an air exchanger is not just a simple unit, but a system of ducts installed in the walls. If you already have a heating, ventilation or central air conditioning system in your business or building, the installation of your air exchanger will be less complicated.
In addition, the air exchanger also serves to control the humidity level in your home. When it detects an excessively high humidity level, it starts evacuating the ambient air to the outside. The air exchanger also filters the air. When humid air is conveyed to the outside, it passes through a filter that captures dust, pollen, mould and other pollutants and allergens. The process remains when fresh air from outside is brought into the building; the moist air leaving the building can heat the incoming air. In this way, you will maintain a healthy environment and a balanced temperature, in addition to maintaining a constant flow of fresh air.
How to choose your light commercial air exchanger?
- Count the number of rooms and the volume of your business/industry/institution: An air exchanger should be chosen based on the number of rooms and the number of occupants, not on size. Air quality is determined by the rate of human activity that influences the variation in the level of humidity and pollutants in the air.
- Opt for a heat recovery air exchanger: This is one of the most important criteria when purchasing an air exchanger. If you want to save money, it may be wise to choose an Energy Star-certified commercial air exchanger that has a motor that consumes less energy at rated efficiency and guarantees a minimum heat recovery of 65%.
- Choose an efficient filtration system: Some air exchangers are already equipped with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate absorption) filter. Widespread on the market, the HEPA filter is known for its ability to capture up to 99.7% of allergens and other microscopic particles and can significantly reduce symptoms related to allergies, asthma and other lung diseases.
- Opt for an electronically commutated motor: This type of motor remains the most efficient for an air exchanger that operates continuously. The main advantage of these high-efficiency motors is that they can operate at low speeds, with low noise and low electricity consumption. These motors provide better air distribution while improving your comfort.
- Choosing the right power for your air exchanger: The power of an air exchanger is calculated in CFM (cubic feet per minute – this represents the power of the air flow). The capacity of your air exchanger will be determined by the volume of your business.
- Recommend an aluminum heat recovery core: An essential part of a heat recovery air exchanger, an aluminum heat recovery core offers better heat recovery capacity than a polypropylene core. A good quality commercial air exchanger with an aluminum heat recovery core can recover up to 70% of the energy from the exhaust air that is expelled to the outdoors.
- Check the noise level of your air exchanger: Since an air exchanger operates continuously, remember to choose a model that produces as little noise as possible. In the majority of cases, modern air exchanger models are very quiet yet still efficient.
Whether it is for a school, a food processing plant, a pharmacy, or a hardware store, Tran Climatisation offers you a complete range of services for your light commercial air exchanger. As soon as we take charge of your business, our team will develop a personalized plan adapted to your commercial air exchanger needs, while giving you access to all our professional services.
- Maintenance and parts
- Repair of all brands and models available on the market
In addition to our regular services, you can also take advantage of the expertise of our technical team, which offers analysis service for your light commercial air exchanger. These analyses will help you optimize its performance and prevent future problems. Since we want to offer a personalized service to every company and every sector of activity, here are additional services that will meet all your needs.
- System design and conception
- Project construction
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- High-performance and durable products
- System support and monitoring
- System Maintenance
If you need more information on our sales, installation, and repair service for your light commercial air exchanger, on our prices, or on our other services, we invite you to contact us by phone or by email. Our specialists will be pleased to answer your questions. Our team can go on location anywhere in Montreal, on Montreal’s South Shore, on Montreal’s North Shore, in Montérégie and in the Eastern Townships. Call us for a free quote!